Saturday 12 September 2015

My mom gets confused: Vacation diaries Day 7

Today we went for a walk in Durnstein.

August 28: My mom gets confused each time I go to take her photo. When she travelled with my dad she was always the one who had the camera, so there aren't many photos of her on those trips.

Now every time I point the camera and tell her to smile she and gets this look on her face like "why would you want to take a picture of little old me?" Then she smiles obediently, humouring me in my mysterious wish to capture her image.

In this habit of photo taking I'm clearly reinforcing my "not-husband" status in our relationship.

I find looking at these photos afterwards oddly reassuring. Seeing her grins captured in pixels helps convince me she's having a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment